Update on COVID-19 — Delivering via Drizly
March 20, 2020
5 MINUTE READ
Demand on Drizly has increased dramatically in the last few days – up over 300% the baseline growth rate – as consumers turn to delivery as a safer alternative. If you are interested in bringing your store online quickly to reach more customers and/or offer an alternative solution to your customers who are staying home, we stand ready to help. Know that first and foremost, your health and safety are our priority. Our goal is to empower you to operate safely and effectively.
Below is an update on the actions we are taking – as well as some steps you can take to help when you begin delivering. Delivery services like Drizly, together with partners like you, can provide real value to our shared customers during this time.
Here’s what we’re doing:
Safe delivery training: During onboarding, we will train your drivers on safe delivery practices we have implemented, including:
- Forgoing signatures: We are covering 100% of the cost of fraud coverage until April 30 so that our partners can opt out of customer signature requirements.
- ID scanning: Drizly offers a contactless solution to legally verify customer IDs.
- Delivery point: We’ve coached our customers to meet their drivers outside during this time period.
Marketing assistance: During this time, we are funding promo codes for our Retail Partners to share with their customers, as well as providing a suite of marketing assets and tools to help you spread the word about your offering on Drizly. The goal is to empower you to continue to work with your customers who may prefer shopping online with delivery as opposed to in-store over the coming weeks.
Providing support: We are closely monitoring updates from the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) for their assessments on the outbreak. Our Account Management and Customer Service teams are here to support you and are committed to keeping you informed of any changes to our services as you begin delivering.
Here’s how you can safely get up and running with Drizly:
- Get in touch: Once you fill out the form and schedule a call with our sales team, we will set your store up within a matter of days to begin fulfilling delivery orders. Due to high volume, please note that our response time may be slightly delayed. Our team is working hard to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Expedite onboarding: Loop in all key players while you go through onboarding to expedite the training process. These include all delivery drivers and staff that will be involved in deliveries. Use this time to ask any questions or clear up concerns you have.
- Stay safe: Once you are delivering to customers through Drizly, please encourage your staff to politely avoid direct hand contact with customers, as well as practice overall good hygiene. This includes washing their hands, covering their nose and mouth if they have to sneeze or cough, and not touching their face. Stay up to date on CDC guidelines here.
If you have questions or are ready to start delivering today, please fill out the form here.
Per the CDC, if you, your driver, or anyone in your store has recently traveled to at-risk areas or has any risk of being diagnosed with COVID-19, please discuss this with your sales contact during onboarding. We can explore alternative delivery options together.
[pardot-form id=”639″ title=”joindrizly.com HP Form” height=”850px”]